We can't get enough of this delicious Vegan Matcha Cake! We love it so much it's how we celebrated our 2nd Birthday this year! If you find yourself doing a bit of baking this holiday weekend, here’s the recipe for our gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free matcha cake! Think a green spin on everyone's favorite classic vanilla.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine 2 cups almond flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, pinch of salt in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp of ground flax + 6 tbsp of water), 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, 1 tbsp of Kettl matcha powder
4. Combine all ingredients, pour into cake pans and bake for 25 mins!
1. Refrigerate 1 can of coconut milk overnight, remove top layer of cream that separates from water, add to a bowl, add 1 tsp of vanilla, 3 tbsp of maple syrup, 1 tbsp of Kettl matcha powder
2. Blend with a hand mixer or stand mixer until fluffy
3. Wait for cake to cool before icing!
Recipe developed, baked and decorated by Charlotte Candler