Vegan Matcha Cake
We can't get enough of this delicious Vegan Matcha Cake! We love it so much it's how we celebrated our 2nd Birthday this year! If you find yourself doing a bit of baking this holiday weekend, here’s the recipe for our gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free matcha cake! Think a green spin on everyone's favorite classic vanilla.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine 2 cups almond flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, pinch of salt in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp of ground flax + 6 tbsp of water), 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/3 cup of maple syrup, 1 tbsp of Kettl matcha powder
4. Combine all ingredients, pour into cake pans and bake for 25 mins!
1. Refrigerate 1 can of coconut milk overnight, remove top layer of cream that separates from water, add to a bowl, add 1 tsp of vanilla, 3 tbsp of maple syrup, 1 tbsp of Kettl matcha powder
2. Blend with a hand mixer or stand mixer until fluffy
3. Wait for cake to cool before icing!
Recipe developed, baked and decorated by Charlotte Candler